Searching...
Highlighted

World cup and epl in 4k

Newm1

Have the fetch mighty. Anyone know if optus has indicated if/when they will rebroadast both epl and world cup in 4k?

Re: World cup and epl in 4k

[ Edited ]
Tano

Hey @Newm1, the web stream will be broadcast in 720p, the satellite feed is broadcast 1080i. For more information check out this page here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Newm1

Any reason you are throttling the quality considering the following? http://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/news/y=2017/m=10/news=fifa-at-the-forefront-of-broadcast-technology-2...

Newm1

When are you planning to bump the stream quality up from 720p to match the source?

Toomey

Plans to increase quality haven't been announced so it's not something I could confirm at this stage

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Newm1

Hi toomey

It's a new season of premier league now. Has there been any progress of optus sport relaying the feed in 4k?

GuyCS

Hey @Newm1 - thanks for touching base. We haven't made any announcements in regard to 4K yet, but we're constantly making improvements to the technology behind our streams. I'll ensure your comments are passed on as feedback for our TV team though. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
25 Kudos
12 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos