Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor baysidebounce
New Contributor

new optus router slow

Slow wi-fi with new router

I signed a new home internet contract with Optus recently and it came with a new wi-fi router. It is very slow and the range is hopeless. I threw the old one out (which had originally been supplied by optus), which was a lot better and I never these problems.  What options do I now have to get a good strong wi-fi signal? Any help appreciated. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: new optus router slow

@baysidebounce, we've got you connected to the NBN?

Which router did we supply you with? The White Sagemcom 3864 OP modem or Black Sagemcom F@st 3864 with AC? 

You're looking to upgrade to a different Optus supplied modem or purchase your own (which is an option). 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor baysidebounce
New Contributor

Not connected to the NBN and I was supplied with the Sagemcom F@st3864. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We could like at upgrading you to the AC model. That's a dual band modem 2.4Ghz + 5Ghz.

As far as range is concerned, 5Ghz doesn't have the same range as the 2.4Ghz frequency, but it's faster over shorter distances. 

Obviously, range is a concern, that's probably not going to be helpful. BYO modems are an option. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors