Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

mobile not Not connecting to wifi

TMck

My Mobile phone is not picking up optus mobile Optus Huawei wifi anymore. does any one know how to fix this 

Re: mobile not Not connecting to wifi

Jeneral__Pain

What device are you referring too?

is it showing up in the list of wifi networks?

what mobile?

have you restarted this “Huawei device”? 

What about turning your your phone off, leaving it off for a minute and trying again?

have you forgotten the wifi network and then tried to rejoin the network? 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

TMck

Mobile phone is Samsung J2Pro previously it was Iphone 4s (no longer used) neither are locating my mobile wifi - not showing in networks. It works on computer. I have restarted all devices(phone & Huawei mobile wifi) with no luck. I  haven't tried forgotten the wifi network and then tried to rejoin the network? Not sure how to do it if it isn't locating network. phone picks up all other networks though 

Mkrtich
Hi - a couple of suggestions 1. Turn Bluetooth OFF if it is ON - in case that is causing issues. The J2 appears only to support 2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi, so no possible conflict with any 5 GHZ Wi-Fi signals. 2. Check that you have Wi-Fi Direct OFF in case you used it for moving data from your old phone to the new phone. That setting works without a Wi-Fi Access point ( in your case the Huawei Wi-Fi) and if locked to Direct, you won't see the Huawei. 3. Your J2 Pro phone has Auto Wi-Fi Sensing when you come into pre -recognise Wi-Fi zone and will switch you from 4G/3G to Wi-Fi automatically - that will take a few moments to swing over. 4. If still no connection, I am assuming the Huawei SSID is being broadcast as it can be seen by other devices, when you log into the Huawei from your PC, write down information on the its Gateway IP address, SubNet mask and DNS Servers. When you look into the J2 Wi-Fi Settings - is it programmed for Auto IP address assignment from the Huawei DHCP Server. If still no auto connection to Huawei, can you manually enter all the IP information above and set yourself a fixed IP address for the phone so that it forces connection to Huawei after restart of Huawei and Phone. Hope this helps

TMck

Thanks for replying 1.2.3 not applicable,

4.  SSID not being picked up by any other devices, tried another Samsung phone Wifi not visible. Put Wifi details in Galaxy j2 Pro still wouldn't connect. Huawei moble wifi found in advanced setting says out of range even though nphone is next to it. As Im not a technical minded person maybe I missed something in the instructions.

Mkrtich

Unexpected outcome. What is the model number of your Optus Mobile Huawei Wifi Device - is it a USB Wingle or a 4G LTE Home Broadband? Can't think of a reason why the Wi-Fi Network has become hidden or too far away when you are adjacent to it. If it is possible to access the Huawei System Admin screens somehow, then it would be possible to view the Wi-Fi settings in case the channels are conflicting with another system or to confirm if a fault exists with the unit - realise not possible if it is a USB Wingle and you can't access the Wi-Fi function.

Mkrtich

PS: If  4G USB Wingle - connect it to a PC USB port - you may wish to reset USB 4G Wingle when it is powered by the PC's USB Port with a paperclip on the internal Reset button first to clear out any corruption. When Reset completed, Wi-Fi LED should eventually be Green if all good.  From PC, log into System Admin screen generally 192.168.1.1 - User ID = admin , Password = admin.

Huawei have a Smart Phone App if you want to do that from a Smart Phone - called Huawei HiLink App.

If Optus 4 G MBB Modem - LAN cable connect to it. Access details should be on the Modem. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
13 Kudos
8 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos