cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

i have a new Huawei B818 modem. the password on the modem only works on the laptop, no iPhone

Hello,

I have a new Huawei B818 modem and the password only works on my laptop. When i go to join the network and put in the password on my iphone and iPad it says the password is incorrect and won't let me join the network.

And advice

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: i have a new Huawei B818 modem. the password on the modem only works on the laptop, no iPhone

Check that the casing (uppercase/lowercase) is correct for both the SSID and password. Your phone might be auto-capitalising the first letter of one/both of them.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: i have a new Huawei B818 modem. the password on the modem only works on the laptop, no iPhone

I do NOT have an IOS device.  Check you are using a compatible security mode between the B818 and the IOS version you are using. I suggest forgetting the network and setting the WIFI up again. Try it with a simple password with alphabet and digits only first up and it it works then change the password to a stronger password.

On Android I am using "WPA/WPA2-PSK" and do NOT have hide Wi-Fi ticked. I also have the Bandwidth and channel on auto.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors