Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
trikky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

fast5366LTE Wifi security level

I have notifications from some of my devices that my security is weak and that I should update to WPA2 (AES) or use WPA3 security.

My Fast5366 Wifi Modem does not seem to have a tab to change wireless settings.

Is there any way to update wireless settings on this model.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Nard_YC

Re: fast5366LTE Wifi security level

Hi there @trikky. The Sagemcom FAST5366 LTE supports WEP/WPA/WPA2 WiFi security. 

Log into your modem's settings page by typing 192.168.0.1 into a browser window. The login details should be printed on the back of your Optus modem. You may want to refer to our quick start guide.

Once in the home screen, you'll see "Wi-Fi 2.4GHz" and "Wi-Fi 5Ghz" tiles. You can click the little "gear" icon on the top right of those tiles which takes into the WiFi settings. 

From there, you'll be able to change the security settings.

Let us know how you go. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

trikky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply but didnt answer my question!

My devices say my wifi security is WEAK and I have WPA2 set but cannot raise it to WPA2 AES or WPA3 security because it is not offered on Sagemcom 5366LTE modem.

Do you know of a work around solution?

Thanks

Trikky

0 Kudos
Nard_YC

I'm afraid this modem only supports the above security protocols (WEP/WPA/WPA2). 

If you're looking for increased WiFi security you may have to look into purchasing a Third Party modem from a retailer. However, keep in mind that support for Third Party modems are fairly limited by our Tech Support Teams.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@trikky wrote:

I have WPA2 set but cannot raise it to WPA2 AES

It should be using  AES automatically, so not being able to explicitly select it does not mean it does not have/use AES.

My devices say my wifi security is WEAK and I have WPA2 set

As WPA2 is backwardly compatible with TKIP, maybe the security software is detecting that and reporting weakness because of it.

0 Kudos
trikky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply however it does not give you that comfy feeling when not displaying that it covers WPA2 AES.

Cheers

Trikky

0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

No worries @trikky.

If you do have any other questions or concerns about this, always feel free to reach out again. 

0 Kudos
Mkrtich
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi -  just to assure you all is OK, WPA2-Personal requires mandatory support for CCMP, an AES based encryption mode which is used in residential modems, so it is intrinsic to the term WPA2 since 2006. To use the 'WPA2' label, the vendor has to be complaint to the Wi-Fi Alliance standard, so your modem is functioning correctly. WPA3 has yet to make a large entry into residential modems but more importantly , into devices which connect to the modem. Most legacy devices will never support WPA3 and some do not support WPA2, so in those circumstances, the modem has to be set for WPA/WPA2 to accommodate them.

What are the devices that show you the message and do they have an ability to manually adjust up to WPA2.

trikky
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I will check status of problem devices. They are wifi enabled RC transmitters so I would prefer that control of my a/c is not compromised.
I can live with it if no alternative and will also check with other users.
Cheers
0 Kudos
Top Contributors