Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
debsaf
New Contributor
New Contributor

data

my daughter's phone is on my family plan and it only connects to wifi. As soon as she leaves the house her data doesn't kick in. And yes, the data is switched on.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jono_YC

Re: data

Hi @debsaf it's not great to hear that your daughter is experiencing issues with her mobile service.

We recommend keeping across our Network Status page which provides up-to-date faults and works that may be impacting your service. You can also register for updates by clicking on the respective mobile tower, and then selecting “Log a fault”.

We also have a range of troubleshooting steps that may help with mobile faults.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: data

What model phone?

Confirm aeroplane mode is off. Also manually turn off wifi and test in the house then.

Does the display show that a mobile connection is being made (signal bars or 4G symbol etc. at the top?)

If its an Android confirm she hasn't accidentally set data warnings and limits (too low) in the phone settings.

As another test put her SIM into your phone. If you can get mobile data then the issue is nothing to do with Optus and more a setting or hardware issue in your daughters phone.
Top Contributors