Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
SSC06
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wireless broadband - internet keeps disconnecting from devices

Hi guys

I have B818 modem and the internet constantly keeps disconnecting from my Samsung S8 and MacBook Pro. This is a new modem which I only received a few days back because my old modem also had issues and Optus finally replaced it when I went in store.

However I keep having issues with my internet which has lasted for over a week. Optus keeps telling me to wait for someone to call me who never ends up calling me. I have tried all the basic troubleshooting steps. When I reset my modem, my devices connect for a brief period (anywhere between 20 min to 2 hours) before disconnecting again. I get the exclamation mark next to my wifi symbol on my devices once the internet disconnects.

The modem lights are all working so I know the modem is receiving signal from the tower. 

I know I have older devices so I even switched to 2.4ghz in the hope that will sort the issue - but it did not.

I am at my wits end. Can someone please help me? 

Thank you!

3 Replies
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Wireless broadband - internet keeps disconnecting from devices

I haven't come any similar complaints @SSC06.

Have you given a factory reset a shot?

How do I restore my modem back to factory settings?

Switch on your modem and follow the steps below:

1. Use a pointed object to press down on the reset button
  2. Release the power button after 3 seconds. The power indicator will switch off
  3. Your settings will be restored to their factory default
  4. Reconfigure your modem settings via the modems gateway address

Can I also ask you to check the following on your MAC?

1. Launch the System preference app

2. Click Network

3. Click WiFi → Click, Advanced TCP/IP

4. Click IpV6 (if it's been toggled on, you'll need to switch it off)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Tony_Delo
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue. Optus online help have been useless. Did you manage to resolve the issue? I never had such issue until they upgraded my modem to the B818.
0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

Hey there @Tony_Delo. It's not great to hear about your modem troubles. If you are able to reach out to our Social Media Team over on Facebook or Twitter, they will be more than happy to investigate this issue further for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors