Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mng
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wifi outage

Are you installing 5G in 2519 area without informing people?
We haven’t had a proper wifi connection for the 5th day.
Please advise whether 5G is going to be installed and when the maintenance is finished. Cheers
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Nard_YC

Re: Wifi outage

Hi there @Mng. Thanks for posting on YesCrowd. 

I've had a look into 2519, NSW and it appears we have scheduled works to upgrade existing tech (4G/3G) to better improve network experience in the area. 

The works are scheduled to complete on 07/02 at around 7PM.

During this time, you may experience some intermittent issues with Mobile and Wireless Broadband services however our techs will always aim to keep this to a minimum.

I recommend registering for updates on our Network Status Page by entering your address and then clicking "Keep me posted". This way you'll be kept up-to-date on the progress of the works in your area and you'll also be notified once it's been completed. 

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out! Alternatively, we have 24x7 Support available via Messaging in the My Optus App.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus don't inform of any 5G rollout schedule. That seems to be an industry wide approach. 5G will be announced in your area when it is fully up and running. For general maintenance and outages (of existing 4G) you need to check the Optus network status page.
0 Kudos
Mng
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for a prompt reply. However you haven’t replied to my ‘5G’ question. Did Optus installed 5G in 2519 area?
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You can see if your area has 5g using the Optus coverage map.

https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/coverage

As mentioned Optus will not confirm any 5g works other than live or not live.
Aron_YC

There is no 5G currently being installed, or that has already been installed, in the 2519 area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors