Searching...

Mobile

WiFi Help

Dean_Kabbout

Optus has been very sub-ordinary with their service. My housemates and I decided to conncect with optus and were provided with a router and it did not work, it then took several weeks for Optus to respond to us about this issue and they just provided us with another router. It once again did not work and by this stage I had realised that it may not be the router that was the issue. However Optus has yet to resond to any of my queries, it has been almost a month without internet and I have had to use my own phone data in the meantime. What is the most effective way to get in touch with Optus to get someone physically in to troubleshoot the issue so that I can get internet ASAP?

Thanks in advance,

Dean

Re: WiFi Help

SillyGogo

Hi Dean,

welcome to the forum. Why not use a cable to connect to the modem in the mean time until the WIFI issue is sorted instead of the moble data. It all depends on the issue itself. If the modem and internet is working then Optus has kinda done their part. Can you please tell us more about your setups? 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dean_Kabbout

Hey, thanks for the suggestion however the problem is that the adsl does not work and so even if we connected with an ethernet cable it would still not work.

Do you know if there is a way to get a technician to come to our because optus has been very lacking with their service and we are still paying for internet that we do not have!! 

taluca

I am in the same boat, and feel you pain.  I have been trying to speak to ANYONE for the past week.  All I get is recorded messages. Is there a technician that I can just speak too PLEASE OPTUS.  I have forgotten my WIFI password.  I know to go to the link to reset it. http://10.1.1.1 but the steps dont work.  

I am finding optus EXTREMELY frustrating.  I just want to talk to someone about my issue.

I hope you have your router sorted.

If anyone reads my post and can help, would appreciate it.

Terri

SillyGogo

Hi Dean, 

I would suggest do an LiveChat and troubleshoot with the technical team. Dependings on the troubleshooting, optus might send out a tech. Another option is to contact one of the Moderator if you don't have any luck with the Livechat. 

So, what have Optus and you done so far? Lets work backward:

1. check that your computer and network connection is working correctly.

2. Check that the modem is work, ie, got a synch light and internet connection.

3. The line has an ADSL code on it an active

4. There is no outage for your services. 

My suggestion is to sort out everything you can on your end first, that way when you contact OPTUS, the basic troubleshooting are already done. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

SillyGogo

@taluca Hi, I suggest you start a new post and give us more details about your set up, modem connection type etc.

If you know the modem ADMIN login then login and change your wifi password there. If you haven't changed the default password then use the login from the lable on your modem. 

If you also forgot the ADMIN login for your modem then most Modem/router has a reset button on it, use a pin or similar and push on it for about 10 seconds until the status light blink. Once you done that then log into the modem to set up a new wifi password or use the default one on the label

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
11 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos