Searching...

Mobile

WiFi Dropping Out

SB61

The WiFi has been dropping out for the last week. I have spoken to Tech Support and we have done a reboot, restore to factory settings and replaced the sim. The problem still exists. I went to the store and explained the situation and asked for a new modem. Was told I can't get a new one as the current one needs to be sent to the warranty department first. The current modem is still under warranty. I spoke to Tech Support again and they are now saying that a tower is out and has been out since February 2019. Tech Support has said that the modem was picking up signal from a good tower, then decided to pick up the sigal from the out tower. No one seems able to give me an answer when the problem will be fixed. Optus please help as I'm paying for a service that is not working properly.

Re: WiFi Dropping Out

Jeneral__Pain

What device are you referring to?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

SB61

It is a Huawei E5573 modem. It is one that you take on the go with you. No one has answered the question, as yet.

SB61

Called Tech Support yesterday and was told that they would call the network engineers to find out what is happening and then call me back this morning. Well guess what? No one called back as promised. So I called Optus myself and was told that they will contact Care Management, but they are closed. Closed!!! Optus you better get your act together and give me an answer to the problem. If not, I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Ray_YC

What's your fault reference number? We'll check if there are any updates on this one.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

SB61

I have cancelled the service. Got tired of waiting for callbacks.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
14 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos