Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
savind
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wi Fi Hub for wi fi PC

Hi I am "Hopefully" going to get out to Tassie next April from UK, I have a Windows PC and android Tablet, both have WiFi access but no Mobile Sim slots, I could Hot spot it with my Samsung A71 phone, but I would like to have an Optus WiFi Hub/Router, so that I can use it in the house or on the road /walk-about. Any ideas or advice, Prepaid by the way, not contract as I am only in Australia for 3 weeks. Take care & Stay safe Mates

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: Wi Fi Hub for wi fi PC

Hey there @savind, you can view our Prepaid Mobile Broadband options on our website. We also have various recharge options for those services that you can view there. 

I also recommend checking our Mobile Coverage page to view the network in the locations that you're planning on visiting, just to double check that 4G/3G is available there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@savindDepending on when you get to Tassie (probably via another state due to no international flights into Hobart at the moment and as such you will need to quarantine for 14 days in say Sydney or Melbourne) you may want to check out Woolworths and/Coles for Optus modems on special along with data sims. This will be the cheapest option if they are on special when you get to Oz. You can download the Woolies and Coles catalogs from their Oz web sites in order to see what modems are usually on special. BTW neither has optus stuff on special this week.

You connect to most of the modems via 2.4Ghz wifi.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
savind
New Contributor
New Contributor

G'Day Andrew C1, thanks for that, I can get the Tas Woolies and Coles website here in the UK, will look them up, in the morning its past midnight here!! as for the COVID if they still have the Quarantine at the first airport, then I will have to try and re-book with Qantas (will be the 3rd time, was originally due to fly out April 2020 !!). so that I get the right one, they are not blocked to certain network, i.e they will work with any network sim? if thats the case I could use back here in the UK , when I come back. stay safe mate
0 Kudos
AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@savindThe AC800S is unlocked as the Belong (Telstra subsidiary) and Vodafone worked in it. I unlocked the Hawaii E5577 before I tried Belong and Vodafone SIM in it.

The E5577 works okay when I have used in town areas that I stayed at when travailing up the NSW North Coast years ago with the exception of small towns off the highway with only 2 or 3K that were not near a bigger town.

I have not taken the AC800S on a holiday trip.

If you have a look at the following page it will give you an idea of how much the E5577 has been and how often it goes on sale:

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/product/huawei-e5577

Good luck.

Top Contributors