Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jonleung
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wi-Fi Calling on Oppo A72

I cannot find any settings relating to Wi-Fi Calling on my Oppo A72. I have such poor mobile reception, and really need Wi-Fi Calling, which I had previously on a Samsung device. I *do* have a VoLTE symbol showing on the phone.

Is this an Oppo issue or an Optus issue?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kyri_YC

Re: Wi-Fi Calling on Oppo A72

Hey @jonleung. I'm sorry to hear about your WIFI calling troubles. Have you tried following these steps that are provided by Oppo on their site?

1. Go to [Settings] > [Dual SIM & Mobile Network]

2. Tap the SIM card you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling.

3. Tap [Wi-Fi Calling] and toggle on [Wi-Fi Calling].

4. Tap [Wi-Fi Calling Preferences] and set [Wi-Fi Calling Preferred]

Let us know if this ends up helping out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

jonleung
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks @Kyri_YC

I don't have those settings. Instead I have this:

1. [Settings] > [SIM card & mobile data]

• Mobile data (on/off toggle)
  • Data usage

There are no other Settings that look related.

I've previously seen references in other forums to the settings that you mention, and it feels to me like those are Oppo firmware settings, whereas what I have are Optus firmware settings (handset purchased from Optus). I suspect that Optus has disabled them deliberately.

I *AM* running the latest O/S (ColorOS 7.1 / CPH2067AU_AA_A.53).

Kyri_YC

No worries @jonleung

I have taken a look at his matter further and can see that at this stage, Optus is currently only supporting the following devices listed within our WIFI Calling help and support page

This will potentially be the case as to why the settings may be disabled on your Oppo device.

Apologies for any inconveniences that this may cause.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

jonleung
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ah, I see.

Disappointing that they sell a handset that is locked to Optus but don't support the standard features. I hope this will change in the future.

Thanks @Kyri_YC
0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

No worries @jonleung.

I've also gone ahead and tagged this post so it can be reviewed by our relevant teams for future purposes.

Apologies again for the hassles this may cause and always feel free to reach out here again if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Top Contributors