Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Which port to connect NBN to SAGEMCOM router F@ST3864OP? Is it DSL or fibre? Internet not working

Hi, 

Need help please. We got the NBN modem (FTTC) the other day and while we managed to connect NBN and it showing strong blue lights, we are still unable to connect to the internet.  The NBN instruction says to connect the ethernet cable to the wifi router through the "WAN" or "Internet" port but i do not see any of that. Only DSL, Fibre and 4 other yellow ports (ETH). None seem to work. We were told on the phone when we signed up to NBN that our current wifi modem is NBN-compatible.

Unfortunately no one can help us on the phone! This is so frustrating! Appreciate anyone's help. 

thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Which port to connect NBN to SAGEMCOM router F@ST3864OP? Is it DSL or fibre? Internet not worki

It will probably be the one labelled 'Fibre'. Either that or sometime ETH1 doubles as a WAN port.

If you have a PC you can just bypass the router altogether. Unplug it and plug the PC direct into the little NBN modem (single plug available). Reboot the PC and you should be able to surf the internet? Its a test.

Note that is a pretty old modem. You can request a new one from Optus that has automatic 4G backup and AC wifi etc. If you stick around for Optus for 3 years its free.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Which port to connect NBN to SAGEMCOM router F@ST3864OP? Is it DSL or fibre? Internet not worki

Its the red Fibre port.

Have you received an SMS/email from Optus advising that your NBN connection has been activated?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

thanks. I tried both (actually all ports) didnt work. the internet indicator on the the router is not lit at all. i have strong blue light on the nbn modem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

thanks. Yes 2 days ago I got the text from optus nbn that i just need to complete the installation by using the sel-install kit but just couldnt get the internet to work.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

So plug your PC into the NBN modem....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

i don't have a PC. I have an imac monitor and tried yesterday to connect ethernet cable but couldnt find a port on the imac. I also have a laptop but there is no port for ethernet. is there another way to plug it? i am not tech savvy. thanks for your help Peterg.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Bquilt88 wrote:
I have an imac monitor and tried yesterday to connect ethernet cable but couldnt find a port on the imac..

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204392