cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Was lied to for a sale

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has had this same problem.. i asked to lower my phone plan as i wanted unlimited wifi for the home. I specifically asked the person i spoke on live chat if i could, as I would be on a $90 dollar plan, so all that data would be a waste if i had unlimited wifi. He told me yes I could, after 6 months of my phone plan starting ( which was only a month away). So I rang after a month to change it, and they said no!  I was basically lied to so they could make a sale! I've been paying so much and I have had enough now

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Was lied to for a sale

Sorry but its not clear what has happened here.

Six months ago you lowered your phone plan to get unlimited wifi?

We're talking about mobile broadband here not a phone plan?

This month you rang to change the plan to ... what?

What plan(s) are we talking about that you are on?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am on a $90 phone plan. I wanted to lower my phone plan once i had purchased the unlimited wifi. I was told i could, so i purchased the unlimited wifi, then tried to lower my phone plan and they told me no. Sorry, i was angry and not making sense haha

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I should ad that i explained to the live chat operator that if i couldn't lower my phone plan that i didn't want the unlimited wifi.  He assured me that I could

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Ah, that is much clearer and I understand your anger.

Lie is a strong word, but it seems definitely the wrong information was conveyed. That said its long (long) been Optus policy on every plan they sell that switching to a lower priced plan mid plan is never allowed. A CS should know that.

Its possibly they were looking at some other option. It might be that your plan has no cancellation fees and you could cancel (and get a new plan at the new price). Are you paying off a phone as well?

I would suggest trying to contact CS again. As you note, you can get different answers each time and the next one might see a way to change your monthly cost. Ask them if they can come up with any such options. Also what is your current exit contract fee?

FWIW I doubt Optus will adjust either plan but given the information provided to make the wifi sale then they would likely allow you to cancel that contract without penalty (hopefuly with full refund). Not ideal, but an option.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors