cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

WPS light not working on Optus modem

Got no internet. WPS button not lit. No phone no internet. Optus tech unable to gelp
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: WPS light not working on Optus modem

What model of Optus modem do you have?

Which lights on the Optus modem are lit?

Have you tried pressing the WPS button:

• WPS Button - Holding this button down for 2 seconds will put the modem in Wi-Fi Protected Setup mode for the next 2 minutes (indicated by a flashing WiFi light) . This allows other devices to connect via the Wi-Fi Protected Setup method. Those devices usually have a WPS button themselves that needs to be pressed after the routers WPS button is pressed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: WPS light not working on Optus modem

Hi @RickyBobby, sorry to hear you're having some troubles with your Internet service.

Have you checked the Network Status page to see if there are any outages in your area may be affecting your service? Simply click on Fixed Outages and enter your full address into the search bar and if there are any outages, you will see them reported.

May I suggest having a look at My Optus Service Is Not Working: Troubleshooting Index for steps to help you get the best connectivity for your service.  Just select the Internet connection type you have.

Can you please try turning off both the NCD (white NBN box), if you have one, and the modem by the power switch, waiting 10 minutes and then turning on the NCD first, then turning on the modem.

If you're still having issues with connecting please reach out to us by a private message via our Social Media pages (official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page) where we'll be able to grab your details securely and take a closer look for you.  From there, we'll be able check the status of your service and possible causes for it not working.

Alternatively, you can reach us on a smart device via our Messaging service on the My Optus app 24/7.

Top Contributors