cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
James_UK
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unlock OPTUS Huawei E5577Fs-932 - LIVE CHAT DOESN’T WORK!

Hello

I purchased an OPTUS Mobile WiFi device when travelling in Australia in November 2019.

I live in the UK, and I still have the device; I would like to unlock it so I can use the device with any SIM card (obviously OPTUS is not available in the UK)

I am trying to use your ‘message us’ link and register for your app so I can use the chat applet; however; neither of these things work! You don’t have an email address and calling Australia for the UK is inhibited by cost. It’s quite frustrating that a communications company is so difficult to communicate with 😑

I am trying to put a redundant device to good use, rather than it end up polluting the earth in a landfill somewhere, however; I need the unlock code, that you will need to provide to me for that to happen.

As far as I can see; having owned the device for over a year, I would entitled to having the device unlocked for free.

It’s a Huawei E5577Fs-932
IMEI: *****6606

I would appreciate it if you could email me with the aforementioned unlocked code. Many thanks in advance.

James 🇬🇧
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kyri_YC

Re: Unlock OPTUS Huawei E5577Fs-932 - LIVE CHAT DOESN’T WORK!

Hey there @James_UK. It's not great to hear that you have had some troubles trying to get your device unlocked. If you are seeking to have this done, you can do so by filling in our online webform. Feel free to let us know how you rend up going with this. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
James_UK
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply...

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work, I get the following error message once the form is submitted:

'Error

This mobile device is not a locked Optus prepaid mobile device.'

This is definitely a locked Optus device, when I login to the device on my laptop I am faced with an Optus splash screen that requires the unlock code.

Any clues?

0 Kudos
George_YC

Hmm, not great to hear @James_UK. We may need to request an unlock code from our back-office team.

We recommend messaging us online. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

James_UK
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply... but this goes back to the other thing I mentioned in my original query.

The 'Message Us' button does not work! Multiple browsers/devices nothing happens when you click

I also downloaded the app, tried to create an account... doesn't work.

Sop back to square one 😞

0 Kudos
George_YC

That's why I mentioned in my previous message @James_UK that if you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can message us there for further assistance with this.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors