cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Turning on VOLTE

To use WiFi it says I have to "request that VoLTE (4G Voice Calls) be applied to the service".

Where do I go to request that please? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Turning on VOLTE

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes X 2

And I know what it is.  I need it to help with coverage in a location marked as "marginal".  Apparently it isn't automatic.  You have to have it "applied" to your service.  It just seems there is no way to make this happen.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

This is the solution to nearly everything

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Oddly enough I find that page the answer to nothing at all.  Smiley Wink

It allows you to select Personal/Mobile and then after that the links simply don't work.  That only ever leaves you with option of posting here hoping that somebody at Optus actually cares enough to help.

And therefore we are here!  Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Did you try all your browsers with popup blockers disabled. The code they use is very fussy and doesn't like Linux, or old versions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is kind of a pet hate of mine.  Optus are probably paying in excess of $1M pa for web services.

A high school student can get a web site to work with any standards conforming browser, particularly the big 3.

I would rather get a new phone provider than spend half my life screwing around with browsers to make up for the incompetence on display.  You have to closely examine the quality of organisation that promises to deliver highly technical communication services whilst being totally unable to make their shop front even accessible let alone workable.

It just shouldn't be this hard to get access to a service that is on offer and that you are paying for.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors