Searching...

Mobile

Setup a D-Link DWR-921

JEFF47

Hi All.. I recently brought a D-Link DWR-921 4G router in Thailand back to Australia that won't stay connected via the Optus 4G sim. I've been through the configure gateway and checked basic settings for Australia, which will connect for about 5 minutes then drops out. Can anyone help..? 

Re: Setup a D-Link DWR-921

Paddylee

The unit/box should have a version number either c1 or c3.

C1 version only has 1 4g band Optus uses

C3 version has 5 4g bands Optus uses

C1 will most likely have a hard time in Australia. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

JEFF47

Thanks for a quick response..

Definitely has version C3 on the box.

Paddylee

Could be a few things. 

Have you got an Optus mobile phone - if so - does it work fine where your trying the dlink?

Some routers drop connection when no data is requested for a while, perhaps to save power - as yours is not battery powered I dont think that is the case.

During setup of the device did you have to inpit whats called an APN?

The most likely APN for your service would be connect. 

What plan are you on with Optus? 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

JEFF47

We have a 200GB 4G data plan we have been using on the small Huawei 4G WiFi device, it’s been working fine but we need a stronger wifi signal and the Ethernet ports.. I’ve set the APN to yesinternet as advised by very good local Optus staff, but then suggested I get on here to get advanced settings..

Highlighted

Paddylee

Unfortunately there are no advanced settings at all, its just purely having a device that supports the right freqencies that Optus uses for 4g and that the APN is set correctly.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/mobile-apns-technical-settings?requestType=NormalReques...

• APN: connect

JEFF47

Ok, so I tried the ‘connect’ APN and that seems to be the correct setting as the link you added. Applied that APN and connected with good U/D speed but unfortunately dropped out again after about 5 minutes.

I then updated the Firmware from the Aus D-Link site and tried again, same issue.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
15 Kudos
14 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos