Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sagemcom f@st 3864

Hi.
I'm having issues with my sagemcom f@st 3864 modem.
Keeps cutting out when playing iheart radio app on wifi, but when I switch to mobile data it's perfect no drop outs.
I have reset the modem multiple times and still have this issue.
I have uninstalled the app reinstalled it, cleared cache and still drops out.

Can anyone help?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sagemcom f@st 3864

@Martin_7a 

Does the distance from the Sagemcom f@st 3864 have any affect on the problem?

Have you tried changing the wireless channel?

https://devicehelp.optus.com.au/sagemcom/gateway-f-st-3864-mac-os-sierra/settings/change-wi-fi-hotsp...

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tigers1719.
The distance from my sagemcom f@st 3864 is about 3 meters.
I have never tried to switch channels I will try, also when I reset my modem for some strange reason it remembered my password, thought it reset password to factory settings?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi - what F@ST 3864 do you have and when you link your mobile device to the modem to listen to iHeart radio , which band are you selecting, the 2.4 GHz or the 5 Ghz SSID?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mkrtich
I have sagemcom 3864V3HP modem.
Mobile device is connected to 2.4 GHZ
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Apologies I'm using 5 KHz not 2.4, shall I switch channels?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

5 Ghz
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi - Has this recently occurred after stability of connections for a long time or have you just connected to iHeart radio and found disconnections.  If all your other Internet connections from your mobile phone using the modem's 5Ghz SSID are stable, I don't think the change of band selection would make a difference specially when you are in close proximity to the modem. Although it is a weaker signal at an extended range or handicapped by many walls, when that happens the speed is reduced until it is compromised and in those circumstances, your mobile should swing you over to the stronger 2.4Ghz frequency anyway.  I am not familiar with iHeart, can you listen to it from a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or tablet to see if it's 5Ghz Wi-Fi Adaptor is stable?

There is a inconvenience factor if you have to swap bands manually on your mobile for stability, but you could try selecting the mobile's  2.4Ghz setting as an experiment to see if things improve - depends how often you use the mobile for accessing the Internet when home. I tend to use my PC rather than my mobile. May pay to check if the App has any updates in case it improves stability. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors