Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sagemcom F@ST 3864 V2 keep dropping network connection

Hi, 

I have Optus Broadband using Sagemcom F@ST 3864 V2 router modem, we keep having intermitten network issue when browsing through computer or mobile device. It seems like the router cannot respond with the network request. The quickest way to fix it is by flushing the IP and the network is back online again. But only for few minutes, it backs to not responding. While there's no problem with the FetchTV or streaming, just that it's annoying when you are working from home and need stable internet connection.

Does anyone have similar issue or know how to fix it?

Joe

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Sagemcom F@ST 3864 V2 keep dropping network connection

Hi  @josephguna1

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that this feature isn't locked out on the version of firmware running on your V2

Could you access the modem GUI via → http://192.168.0.1? You should be able to follow the navigation path below:

Advanced > Gateway settings > Maintenance > logs.

If that's worked, are the drop outs being logged there with any sort of description? Am I correct in saying that the issue is only present over WiFi? Devices connected over Ethernet stay connected? 

It's also checking the Network settings on the devices you're using to connect with your WiFi Network , specifically - your TCP/IP.  You'll want to check if IPv6 has enabled rather than IPv4. if that's the case, switch IPv6 off and they'll revert to IPv4. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos