cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sagecomm Modem Any Good?

Hi All, have just swapped from Telstra to Optus and have found that our internet/wifi quality has dropped dramatically. We have the optus supplied dual band modem to which I have an apple airport extreme connected, I them have 2 Airpot express units around the house, the one downstairs is hard wired back to the optus modem. When everything works it is fine I get speeds of 45-48mbps, however the devices that rely on wifi work great one minute then hang the next with no connection! I notice on the Optus modem that the internet light is constantly flickering it is not solid like the Telstra modem was, I also notice that when checking the network on my Ipad using the Airport app that the internet is constantly changeing from green to yellow every 1 to 2 seconds.

Telstra connectivity was great but this is frustrating. Do I need a better modem? Sorry to be long winded.

Roy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sagecomm Modem Any Good?

Optus NBN modems have the worst wifi. You should try to use the Telstra one, if it's the same system. I assume you are on NBN. After you have used the Optus modem, their system I think allows you to use the old modem.

But there are a list of approved NBN modems, with and without voice.

https://www.google.com/search?q=list+of+approved+NBN+modems&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

Sometimes big houses need expensive solutions

Top Contributors