Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RoyB
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sagecomm Modem Any Good?

Hi All, have just swapped from Telstra to Optus and have found that our internet/wifi quality has dropped dramatically. We have the optus supplied dual band modem to which I have an apple airport extreme connected, I them have 2 Airpot express units around the house, the one downstairs is hard wired back to the optus modem. When everything works it is fine I get speeds of 45-48mbps, however the devices that rely on wifi work great one minute then hang the next with no connection! I notice on the Optus modem that the internet light is constantly flickering it is not solid like the Telstra modem was, I also notice that when checking the network on my Ipad using the Airport app that the internet is constantly changeing from green to yellow every 1 to 2 seconds.

Telstra connectivity was great but this is frustrating. Do I need a better modem? Sorry to be long winded.

Roy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sagecomm Modem Any Good?

Optus NBN modems have the worst wifi. You should try to use the Telstra one, if it's the same system. I assume you are on NBN. After you have used the Optus modem, their system I think allows you to use the old modem.

But there are a list of approved NBN modems, with and without voice.

https://www.google.com/search?q=list+of+approved+NBN+modems&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

Sometimes big houses need expensive solutions

Top Contributors