cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sagecom 3864V3HP Router - poor wifi strength

Hi all - Have had this router since connecting to NBN.  Strength is very poor with a 35 MB/s drop-off (from 50 to 15 or less) in speed over 12m distance (only one brick wall in the way).  Is this normal?  Any ideas for resolution?  I have VOIP running off the router and FetchTV as well.  Thanks all!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Sagecom 3864V3HP Router - poor wifi strength

Hey @wadiman. Have you tried any of the steps listed on our Wi-Fi connectivity & troubleshooting page? or even some of our modem troubleshooting? Let us know how you end up going. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply - have tried all of those with no luck.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply - have tried all of those tips with no luck.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

No worries @wadiman, thank you for trying all of that out. If you wish, our team can look to investigate your troubles further via a private chat. So please feel free o reach out to us on our Social Media Pages on Facebook or Twitter, and our team can look at assisting from there. Kyri 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kyri - I don't use Facebook or Twitter - any other way of reaching out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey there, @wadiman,

We recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Problem solved with a replacement modem supplied by Optus - now have 50 MB/s throughout the house using the 5GHz option.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

It's great to hear you're back up to speed after a modem replacement, @wadiman! 🙂 

If you ever need a hand in the future give us a shout, we'll be more than willing to help out or guide you in the right direction for support.