Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Bluebell
New Contributor
New Contributor

Regection of refund even if no service

No internet service for entire month and yet Optus regected  any refund even thou No Service of unlimited WIFI including no Netflick. Has anyone had the issue where Optus refuse to pay refund for no service? I have contacted Telecommunications Ombudsman as this is wrong on all levels. It is like dealing with a "faceless" company, who presume people will not be bothered attempting to get regund😒

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Regection of refund even if no service

I don't think they would give a refund as such but more likely a credit or something of that nature. What did the TIO say on the matter?

0 Kudos
TheWonderRabbit
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I supoose it depends on the exact issue.

If you had no internet connection at all, I would be surprised that Optus wouldn't apply a credit for the time without service.

But was it a modem / wi-fi issue? PC issue preventing connection to wi-fi? Unrelated Netflix issue?

In these cases, I could understand Optus might not offer a credit, as these issues aren't related to their service.

0 Kudos
LOG
New Contributor
New Contributor

Its Great that you contacted the Ombudsmans office , now your complaint will be processed through a different division of optus and in general you will be looked after as long as it is Optus's fault.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors