Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Tandanas
New Contributor
New Contributor

Pocket wifi

I have a iPad Pro with sim that I purchased recently and have a yes account set up, I am trying to add a pocket wifi service, but the app says it can't see the device. I have checked that wifi is connected through pocket device, done the usual turn on turn off etc.. no success. Went through account via web, system wants to send security code to the pocket wifi, attempt to access the ip 192.168.1.1

no go, try the same with iMac, Mac mini, iPad and iPhone, all connected to the device at the time, page will not load so can't get to the security code.

any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hollie
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Pocket wifi

Hey @Tandanas - I am a little confused so I'm just going to try and confirm what is happening there.

You are trying to connect your IPad Pro to your pocket WiFi device but it's asking for the Password for the WiFi Network but you're unsure what this is?

Depending on the pocket WiFi device you have it may show on the screen or you may need to connect directly to it via the 192.168.0.1 using a device that is already connected to it, then go into the settings and find the SSID and password.

If this is an Optus purchased pocket WiFi you can also get some assistance from our tech support team on 131344. They are open 24/7.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Tandanas
New Contributor
New Contributor

No, I was perhaps not clear. No problems with connecting any device to the pocket wifi, that is all good and the speeds are way above my Telstra NBN.

i am trying to add the pocket wifi service to my 'my optus' app account so that I can monitor use. The app should recognise the device but does not. 

When attempting same through website, a security code is to be sent to the device, I need to access the device ip to see the SMS. I was under the believe that the address was 192.168.1.1 and is simply not connectable from any system I have tried, I also tried the 192.168.0.1address you referenced, same issue. Every other web address is accessible so no issue with connection.

hope this makes sense

0 Kudos
Hollie
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Oh I see now! Sorry for the confusion, so the My Optus App is only available on Phones or Tablets that have the Optus SIM card inserted and are compatible with the App. If you'd like to easily access your data usage you can link the service to your current My Account or set up a new one if needed. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Lani017
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having the same issue, except my iPad is wifi only so has no SIM. 

Does this his mean I cannot use the app to recharge and track my data usage? I actually have to log into the website every time?

0 Kudos
Wesley-J

Hi @Lani017 - please speak to our LiveChat consultants here → www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobi and we can definitely look into this for you and see what the linking issue is. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos