Searching...

Mobile

PRECONNECT

NornIrn

PRECONNECT eating up all my prepaid data

I searched the Forum and the resolution doesn't appear to be public on the forum - the answer seems to be to pm someone in Optus usually - is there an explanation of why the charges appear and how to stop them?

Re: PRECONNECT

Jeneral__Pain

PRECONNECT is the connection name for prepaid data.

This could be any app, your email updating, your device uploading photos to the cloud...

What phone?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

NornIrn

No phone on the account - it's mobile wifi only.  The only thing conencted to it is Fetch TV - we don't watch Netflix and don't stream anything - F2A channels only.  I had the Fetch on Standby the last fews days as I suspected it might be the culprit (but it shouldn't gobble 6GB on Standby?), and I still had a large PRECONNECT data usage.

Ray_YC

Is your WiFi secure?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

NornIrn

Yes, secure.  Also we are away from other dwellings so no poachers (of data)

Ray_YC

This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please chat with us.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
14 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos