cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
marzbar89
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus STOLE $250 from me 12 days ago and I haven't receive the money back.

I cancelled my Optus internet two months ago. After I cancelled I received communications about returning a "fetch device" for a steep $250!! I never received this device. After lengthy back-and-forth communications they confirmed I wouldn't  have to pay for the device.

4 DAYS LATER THEY WENT AHEAD AND TOOK THE MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT. It has been 12 days since they have done this. Everytime I contact them they say "it was an error in the system"…. And then the next day I receive a text that the refund is rejected.

See my screenshots where they stole from my account, and confirmations they would refund the monies.

Learning: Never deal with Optus- I know other companies can be a headache, but Optus is by far the most unethical company I've dealt with.

Optus you need to clean up your game and stop stealing from hardworking people.Emails1.PNGBank_screenshot1.PNG

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Nard_YC

Re: Optus STOLE $250 from me 12 days ago and I haven't receive the money back.

Hi there @marzbar89. Sorry to hear about the experience you've been having trying to get this issue resolved.

I believe our Social Media Team have responded to your post on our Facebook wall offering further assistance with the matter there. 

We're unable to view accounts here on Yes Crowd as this is a public forum so we recommend continuing to follow up with the team on Facebook.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@marzbar89If you do not get it resolved ASAP then make a formal complaint via the optus web site and indicate that you want to get paid for the time and effort in getting this sorted otherwise you will make a formal complaint to the TIO.

0 Kudos
marzbar89
New Contributor
New Contributor

Very good point AndS. So much time has been wasted on what is a process glitch on their side, not to mention the stress of needing the money for other bills to pay.
I have made a complaint to the TIO, I will keep you posted how it goes. Its unfortunate companies don't just do the right thing, it seems like you have to dob them in first.
0 Kudos
Nard_YC

@marzbar89 I believe we've managed to resolve this issue and the Social Media Team have responded back to you on Facebook with further assistance. 

If you do have any further concerns or questions, please get back to us there and the team will do their best to follow up this up for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
marzbar89
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fiiiinnnallllllyyyyy received the refund in my account. 

It's unfortunate that I had to:

* lodge a TIO complaint,

* Go public on Twitter, Facebook, product review sites and the yescrowd forum, and

* waste several hours of my time 

Just to get $250. 

Never again optus. 

And they didn't even offer compensation for the time and duress this caused. 

Sarah_YC

We're glad to hear you've received the refund, @marzbar89, thanks for confirming!

However, we're sorry to hear about the run around you've experienced when looking for assistance about this, we've tagged this as feedback to relevant teams for review and future consideration. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors