Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
mrose9907
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus 4g pre paid modem

Hi I have a pre paid 4G Optus Modem
I bought a pre paid sim but the old sims data is still showing. Any idea how I can use the data and account from the new SIM card?
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Nard_YC

Re: Optus 4g pre paid modem

Hi @mrose9907. Thanks for posting on Yes Crowd. 

When you say old SIM's data is still showing, where and what is it showing exactly? 

Have you already inserted the new SIM into your 4G modem and activated it

So we can have a closer look into this, please get in touch with us via our 24x7 Messaging Team in the My Optus App. 

If for some reason you're unable to get in touch through there, please send us a Private Message on our official Optus Facebook or Twitter page and the team will also be able to assist there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
mrose9907
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It’s showing my data in the Optus app, the new SIM card is activated.

But the old SIM cards data is still being used not the new one’s if that makes sense??
0 Kudos
Nard_YC

Thanks for clarifying @mrose9907. The new SIM card is also inserted into your Prepaid 4G modem correct? 

You may need to try uninstalling and reinstalling the My Optus App and see if that refreshes the data. If you're currently logged into My Account and logging back in as there could be a change you didn't link the new SIM to your existing My Account profile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
mrose9907
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No worries!

Yes it’s inserted in the modem but I’ll double check.

Any idea how to link it to the modem?

Thanks a lot 🙂
0 Kudos
mrose9907
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, it turns out my old SIM card was still inside even though I thought I had changed it, as they look the same. Sorry about that but thanks for the help anyhow 🙂
0 Kudos
Nard_YC

Glad to hear you got it sorted @mrose9907

No apologies needed! We're always here to help ☺️ 

Have a great day.

0 Kudos
mrose9907
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks again have a great day too.
0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@mrose9907When changing SIM cards that loom the same I use a permanent marker and put a dot on the OLD SIMc card that way it makes it allot easier to figure out which one it old or new.

0 Kudos
mrose9907
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks good idea, bad news I inserted the new SIM card but the old data is still being used?

I already activated new SIM card but it’s not working??
0 Kudos