Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No service on ipad air.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I have an iPad Air. I was recently on holiday in USA and used the hotel's wi-f- with my Ipad. I'm home now and I can't log into my Ipad as it says No service and web pages won't open because I'm not connected to the server. How can i fix this problem?

I have tried resetting - nothing. I have tried restarting - nothing. I haven't taken out the sim card.

Do I contact my internet biller?

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: No service on ipad air.

You should just need to connect to your local wifi. Is your local home wifi working?

What does the settings for wifi say in the iPad? 

As a test get someone to set up a wifi hotspot on their phone (your iPhone?) and try connect your iPad to it. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, but I'm very not tech savvy. All I've done since I bought my ipad air is put the SIM card in, turn it on and I've used it.

I don't know if I'm connected to any wifi.

My internet provider is Jeenee Mobile. Should I call them?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Ok. 

Go into the iPad settings. Just make sure wifi is turned OFF/ disabled (that will make sure the iPad is using your SIM card)

You could also check in the setting if the iPad has AIRPLANE MODE turned ON - if it is turn it OFF

In settings also confirm if ROAMING DATA has been DISABLED. If so turn it back ON now you are back home. See here

If these don't get you connected then yes, contact Jeenee and helpdesk can step you through getting reconnected.

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks very much for your quick response.

I'll try this at home tonight with my ipad and see how I go.

Hate not being able to use it. Mobile screens so small, and ipad offers an alternative size which is better.

0 Kudos