Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No connection between laptop and mobile phone

My mobile phone has just updated from Samsung and now I cannot connect to my laptop. Neither phone or laptop will recognise each other.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: No connection between laptop and mobile phone

Did you try deleting the connection and adding it back? When you say the phone and laptop will not recognise each other do you mean the hotspot is not visible on the laptop? 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes hotspot no longer visible on laptop after updating Samsung app

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hmm you can try resetting the network setting found under settings /  General management or System. If that doesn't work a full reset may be the only option left.

You haven't mentioned what phone it is as an internet search may find other people with the same issue and a possible solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ok my phone is a Samsung Galaxy A50, I have done an update that was requested from Samsung, I have also been into Optus shop and they could not solve my problem, rang Samsung and they could not sort my problem remotely so now I have to return my phone to Samsung for them to do a complete reset, not very happy with this outcome as now I will have no phone for goodness knows how long and as I live in the country this is not a great outcome. I now have to use my husband's phone for our access to hotspot on laptop. We have had nothing but problems since switching to Samsung mobile phones.

0 Kudos