Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No Service Huawei E5577 pocket wifi modem

I have a data SIM with 80 gig data and 365 day expiry. I had it in a Telstra unlocked pocket wifi and it worked well until this modem died. I replaced this modem with an Optus Huawei E5577 pocket modem 2 months ago and it worked well until last week when the modem now says "No Service". I had the SIM replaced and eventually the girl in Optus shop got it to work but now it it is saying again "No Service" Is this a common problem with these modems, I'm thinking it is a modem issue. Would a prepaid SIM work in a Huawei Wifi Modem B818? These are only usually sold with a plan SIM.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: No Service Huawei E5577 pocket wifi modem

Hi dsluke2,

If you purchased the E5577 only recently and it's stopped working you shouldn't need to go and purchase another one.

If you got yours hands on a B818, no issue to use with a Prepaid SIM. You may just need to change the APN to preconnect if using Optus.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos