Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Smcw
New Contributor
New Contributor

Modem

Modem is beeping constantly.

Every 40seconds to 1min the modem beeps.

Can I stop it?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Kyri_YC

Re: Modem

Hey there @Smcw. It's not great to hear that your modem is beeping. I recommend trying reset you mode to see if this helps with the trouble at hand. A reset usually involves holding a recessed reset button down for a few seconds, they're normally located on the rear or underside of your modem/router. Feel free to let us know how this goes. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I assume you are on FTTP and its the NBN connection box that's beeping and not the Optus modem that's beeping, correct?

If so then that sounds like its the battery replacement alarm. See here.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Kyri_YC Under what circumstances would/could an Optus supplied modem beep?

Smcw
New Contributor
New Contributor

Stopped beeping when I moved my iPhone away from it
0 Kudos
Smcw
New Contributor
New Contributor

No was actual Optus modem
0 Kudos
Smcw
New Contributor
New Contributor

Don't know that's why I asked
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Smcw wrote:
No was actual Optus modem

Which model modem do you have?

0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

@YetAnotherAcc Most of our modems are not known to make any type of beeping noise, but as the customer @Smcw mentioned that his might be, I thought I would see if a reset of the modem may help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Kyri_YC

No worries @Smcw. It is strange that when you moved your iPhone away from the modem it stopped beeping. I wouldn't unfortunately be able to pinpoint exactly why that may be the case, but I would still recommend trying to perform a reset if necessary 

Top Contributors