cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mobile Broadband AC800S with NetGear DC112A - Load Balance with NBN?

I'm about to buy the Optus (Netgear) AC800S Mobile Broadband device and complement it with the NetGear DC112A dock. I've hear this is now compatible.

However I also have a slow (Rural area) NBN service that I'll be keeping due to the amount of data we download in medical industry (One MRI can be a couple of GB. So we exceed 1TB per mth.

The Optus Mobile Braodband is considerably faster. Thus the investment.

However I want to be able to use fast download for general family streaming and internet whilst utilising the NBN for the hefty download volumes. 

Does anyone know if I can have the DC112A set-up for load balancing between the NBN and the docked mobile broadband (AC800S)? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Mobile Broadband AC800S with NetGear DC112A - Load Balance with NBN?

Wouldn't you have two modems - one for the NBn connection and one for the new mobile broadband?

Just connect people to the one you want them to use day to day?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2674885

https://www.ofmodemsandmen.com/loadbalancing.html

The Rooter firmware is a custom install of a Linux OS onto usually TP-Link routers. You notice a mention of routing traffic to a particular IP.

Otherwise, the RT-68U migth be able to handle linking to both ethernet and wifi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Did the combo of AC800S and DC112A work for you? 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors