Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Mobil Broadband

IJ

Hi why is my mobil broadband so up and down at worst at early evening .85 Mbps average to no data at all, problem over the last 3 weeks , day time the data ranges from 3.5 to 75 Mbps. I can only stream at night using my phones mobil data. I have know other way of receiving internet Dandenong South 

Re: Mobil Broadband

petergdownload

Is your plan older than 6 months?

Its strange the phone is getting much better speeds. Are you running speed tests in exactly the same spot? Could you try move your modem somewhere else (just for testing).

Optus does make no promises on its 4G network speeds unfortunately. I'm not sure if they treat mobile phone and mobile broadband plans differently in how much bandwidth each is allocated. Both should be uncapped (if newer than 6 months old plans)

Peter Gillespie

IJ

Hi peter,

Answer to you sugestions I have 1 router 200 Gb plan 2 share data sim modems set up in the best locations in our home for best reception for the last 10 years 

I have always had great service until the last month, my mobil broadband plan, I had the sim card rebooted by optus no sucess.  I can't understand why optus can't except their (mobil Broadband internet is failing me)  I have had to use my mobil iphone as a modem when my internet complety stops working in the evening at night to streem movies, my wife uses her mobil iphone as a modem for her ipads also at night 

why this is failing only Optus knows that not good enough  ( OPTUS )  ?  Ian

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

So the plan you are on is older than 6 months? I ask because that would mean the speed is capped to 12Mbps (is that the speed you were getting?)

The fact your Optus mobile is getting good speeds suggest one of two things to me. 

1) The home broadband speed is somehow differentiated to mobile phone 4G speed. If this is the case congestion in your area might only affect on and not the other. 

2) There's an issue with the tower, bands, modem etc. You might need to request Optus send out a technician to test signal strength where you are. Perhaps a nearby tower has a fault or is down? 

Peter Gillespie

IJ

I bought a new ipad with plan just last month with Optus date speed same as mobil broadband I beleive the towers have changed we have 5 towers aroud us my data speed can drop from 70 Mbps to 7.5 to 0.68 Mbps then no data at all with in 5 minuites thats why I know that the towers swaping my date to another tower are causing the drop out this happend several years ago Optus sent me a new modem problem solved 

IJ

the date speed on my computer at presant is 2,5 then jumps to 6.22 that happens all day

Highlighted

IJ

this is my last post I new it was not my modems,

I was told by Optus that the tower I use is being upgraded no help no mobil broadband I reached out not told until now not good Optus 

Solution

IJ

Hi I am replying to my last post, after all post, I visited my local Optus store explained my problem with my Wifi I was told by Edward he could fix my problem. He give me a new sim card much better result thanks optus team I am now once again a happy customer by to all

Ray_YC

Thanks for returning to Yes Crowd to let our community know, great outcome!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
8 Kudos
8 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos