cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Mini WiFi Modems - Have Expired or Still Working?

Hi,

Have two modems for sale: E5251 and E5331. The E5251 has an expiry date of 1/Aug/2016, the E5331 lists 1/Mar/2015. Windows 7 and Mac 10.7 is the latest OS version supported.

They come with an unused SIM card and I wonder what the expiry date means? Both claim to offer "Start Up Data", have they been lost? Once I sell these two older 3G modems, would the purchasers be able to register those modems? Any other problems you can foresee? Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Mini WiFi Modems - Have Expired or Still Working?

All of our SIM's come with an expiry date. 

I can't remember the exact reasoning, but once the SIM expires - you're not longer able to activate the SIM.

What's the expiry date? 

I don't forsee any issues with the modems themselves (although they'd be locked to the Optus Network). 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Does a SIM card have a separate expiry date to the given dates on the box, which you have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Is the box still completely sealed?

Given that it was purchased in 2015 & 16 - I can safely say the SIM will have expired.

I've checked the expiry on a brand-new prepaid SIM that I've found around the office. 

That has an expiry date of 01/02/2020. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors