Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Mini WiFi Modems - Have Expired or Still Working?

domwild

Hi,

Have two modems for sale: E5251 and E5331. The E5251 has an expiry date of 1/Aug/2016, the E5331 lists 1/Mar/2015. Windows 7 and Mac 10.7 is the latest OS version supported.

They come with an unused SIM card and I wonder what the expiry date means? Both claim to offer "Start Up Data", have they been lost? Once I sell these two older 3G modems, would the purchasers be able to register those modems? Any other problems you can foresee? Thanks.

Highlighted

Re: Mini WiFi Modems - Have Expired or Still Working?

Dan_C

All of our SIM's come with an expiry date. 

I can't remember the exact reasoning, but once the SIM expires - you're not longer able to activate the SIM.

What's the expiry date? 

I don't forsee any issues with the modems themselves (although they'd be locked to the Optus Network). 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

domwild

Does a SIM card have a separate expiry date to the given dates on the box, which you have?

Solution

Dan_C

Is the box still completely sealed?

Given that it was purchased in 2015 & 16 - I can safely say the SIM will have expired.

I've checked the expiry on a brand-new prepaid SIM that I've found around the office. 

That has an expiry date of 01/02/2020. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
14 Kudos
13 Kudos
8 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos