Searching...

Mobile

Re: MF920V Nagging ZTE login screen

fractical

Toomey,

you may have mistaken my last post as a solution, because of my word 'normal'.

I meant that the problem is as it was before disabling Duckduckgo, in other words a serious problem still.

Solution

Zac_D

Hey @fractical,

Apologies for not getting back to you. I've been looking into this, have you been able to reset the modem by holding down the little reset button located under the SIM card cover? You should then be able to log into: http://192.168.0.1 admin / admin The user guide for this modem can also be found here. Does this issue with the authentication pop up happen on any other devices? it sounds like a strange authentication issue within the computer OS or actual modem itself. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

fractical

Hi. thanks for support.

Both blue links take me to - guess what - the ZTE login screen -this morning anyway; and entering 'admin' gets me to this... Aadmindatablock.png.

I am trying to poke the reset button here.....Bresetmodem.jpg but I'll try the hole above it. Difficult with eyes this age, but seeing this image it's clearer..

No, I use it only with laptop. At least I don't need a link to get to ZTE login page, many roads lead there Smiley Happy so far no access to User Guide.. I feel sure it's a modem issue, for what that's worth.

So this is just update, and I'll continue poking the modem when I find something to do it with...and get back to you.

fractical

Toomey, it was a simple matter of the physical re-set, the method for which I hadn't searched (a fine clue on your part). Now modem is updated. And I EXPECT no more random roadblocks.

BTW I disabled auto updates while I was there.  ? suggestions welcome.

Thanks folks for responses throughout.

Highlighted

Dan_C

Thanks for the update @fractial. 

I'm glad you figured this one out! If something else comes up, feel free to drop by again! 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
15 Kudos
13 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos