cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Contributor fractical
Contributor

MF920V Nagging ZTE login screen

Online, Firefox open... search, normal response (listings of search results)...select to open, and...

Wham! opens instead ZTE Login screen demanding password.  ( "admin"  doesn't work, "4 remaining attempts"),  and I don't have an account with ZTE as such.

I can close the page, but then I'm back to the start ,at blank searchbar again!  which may work, or may put me back to start again.

This is frequent enough to become a serious ZTE (or Optus?) allergy..looking for a clue. Thanks.

PS Please tell me if I've chosen a sub-optimum Location for this issue.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: MF920V Nagging ZTE login screen

Hey @fractical, this is a bizarre issue and I'm not sure off the top of my head what could be causing it., but there's a few things we should try first.

Does the same issue occur in other browsers? (Google Chrome/Microsoft Edge)

Do you use any extensions in Firefox that could be interfering with your connection? (VPN etc) If you have any extensions installed, try disabling them all.

Has the device previously worked with no issues, or have you had this problem since you started using it?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Contributor fractical
Contributor

Hullo, thanks.

I use no other browser, usually duckduckgo searcher.

This is a recent occurrence.

It began after THIS began to persist beyond its recharging-from-zero purposeyoumustlogin.pngand here is the nagging screenblockerztenag.png

0 Kudos
Contributor fractical
Contributor

PS: It's looking as like when this last half-gig is used I may not be able to recharge, because that first image top notification now only opens the impassable zte login!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hmm I'm still not sure what could be causing this. Can you please confirm if the same error occurs when using another browser with no extensions?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Contributor fractical
Contributor

You talk about the browser.

But as I type this ONLINE there's the persistent line at top of screen:

" ? You must log in to this network before you can access the internet...............Open Network Login Page"   

If I hit the button it will open the impassable ZTE loginscreen as pictured, but I don't need to, because the message is false. I am already accessing the internet.

That Notice simply lives there now. It's not a problem as such, but it's clearly a malfunction, yes?, and maybe a revealing symptom about the

Intermittent Search-killing Non-responsive ZTE Log-in Screen

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

It's very bizarre and certainly not something I've seen reported before.

I can raise it with our Mobile Network Team but we'll need to troubleshoot first. Does the message appear in multiple browsers or just Firefox?

You mentioned you use DuckDuckGo, is that an extension in Firefox? Does the same error occur with this disabled?

If you're able to try these simple tests and let me know the results we can proceed from there.

Contributor fractical
Contributor

ThanksSorry for late reply, didn't get, or didnt see email notification of it

Yes, duckduck is ffox extension.

I'll disable it today and any other extension.

There's another glitch of logging in to My Account, which seems trivial, but in the circumstances, I include it;  unlike my ZTE roadblock, this one occurs at every Login, and I haven't bothered about it:

In the first field of the login (above Password field) i.e. Name, Email, etc, the blinking cursor disappears after first character is typed,( while I'm looking at the keyboard). When I look up, field is empty.  Of course nowadays  I just  click the field and stabilise the cursor before starting to enter name.

As I say it's trivial, but IS unique to Optus site, and maybe useful info to someone more ITelligent than me.         

0 Kudos
Contributor fractical
Contributor

Duckduckgo successfully disabled.

0 Kudos
Contributor fractical
Contributor

ZTE screen (as in my first post) just blocked first search in extension free Ffox, I re-entered search successfully..i.e. "normal"

0 Kudos
Top Contributors