cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

catchkendihere
New Contributor
New Contributor

Kogan Smart LED lights wont connect to Optus nbn wifi

We have recently had NBN installed and are running several devices on wifi, google homes, nest, smart ligh bulbs and 2 x Kogan smart LED's

Since the new wifi modem was installed I have been unable to re-connect the Kogan Smart lights to the wifi, the devices are just not visible when put into pairing mode.  I actually had them replaced and now have 4 devices and none of them are are able to paired and connected to the network.

Just to clarify the cable wifi modem I had before enabled both of these lights to be connected to wifi and used no problems, the problem only exists since nbn was installed and new wifi model provisioned.

They can be plugged into the wall and turned on but not usable with the native Kogan app or google home apps.

The kogan instructions state that the devices only pair and work over 2.4gz network which is what I am trying to connect them to.

Any ideas, I assume it is a security setting, I have asked Kogan and they have provided no help they just replaced them assuming they were faulty.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kyri_YC

Re: Kogan Smart LED lights wont connect to Optus nbn wifi

Thanks for your question @catchkendihere

Please can you confirm what model of modem are you using?

Please note, if your router has both a 2.4GHz signal and a 5GHz signal, the 5GHz signal will have a shorter effective range. I would recommend trying to move the device closer to the source.

Also:

→ Please double-check that all passwords are correct too.
→ Have you paired up anything with the 2.4ghz other than the smart appliances? If so, can he try connecting other devices onto the 5Ghz and then try pairing his smart appliances on 2.4ghz?
→ Please ensure you are not paired to the old device.
→ If you are still having issues, try disconnecting the device from the network manually and reconnecting.

I’d also suggest talking to Kogan again if possible, as they may have some more insights to help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@catchkendihereI remember issues with the number of devices one (could be more) of the Optus modems could support. I suggest searching yes crowd to see if you can find the thread.

You may also want to read the following thread to see if this helps:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/WiFi/Ultra-Wifi-Booster-won-t-connect-WPS-pairing-issue/m-p/642010

0 Kudos
catchkendihere
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have a SAGEMCOM Gateway F@ST 5366 LTE modem

I have managed to repair all other wifi devices to the new network SSID and password correctly except these smart light. I have 12 other devices connected currently now OK

I have multiple devices connected on 2.4 and 5GZ

I have put the lights right next to the model and they still cannot be found

I cannot disconnect the device from the network manually as it has never successfully connected!

0 Kudos