Searching...

Mobile

Just sign up few weeks ago, VERY SLOW BROADBAND

Cramer_Preston

Hi Optus,

Ref: Very Slow Internet.

I just start your broadband services a few weeks ago. I already sorry about it. My broadband speed never reached over 4.5 Mbps, most time just reached 2Mbps, basically, it almost unusable to most of the things. I called your services hotline, they said it's normal.

Anyone experience the same thing. I know maybe NBN may help. But 2Mbps????? It's worse than Thailand or Cambodia. And Optus said it's normal ??? WOW

Re: Just sign up few weeks ago, VERY SLOW BROADBAND

SamSam

What sort of boardband do you have? DSL? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Ossie_Traveller

I just signed up (after years with Telstra) on ADSL 2+ and have 9.3mbs download and 0.61 upload.  Maybe a little more when I connect to NBN but I am not holding my breath.  This is more than enough for me - but then I am not a gamer or movie man.

Safe Traveling
Ossie

SamSam

9.3Mbps on DSL is average. Not great but not bad either so I'd be happy with that to. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Cramer_Preston

DSL

Highlighted

SamSam

If you're on DSL there's a number of things that could be causing your speed. Most likely of which is your distance from the exchange so it may be that you'll never see better speeds no matter which provider you're with unfortunately. 

Kartika

Really sorry for the delay in response, @Cramer_Preston. Yes, that is correct, with regards to speed it depends on various factors that could be affecting it. I would suggest to try some basic troubleshooting first and see how you go. If the issue still persist then speak to Tech Support here to investigate further. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

HothamShot

You think 2Mbs is slow !!! At least you can stream with 2Mbs !! Try 0.22Mbs !!!! Yes I was connected to NBN last week and its an ABSOLUTE DISASTER  !! My previous cable connection gave me a pretty reliable 24.8Mbs but since being connected to NBN last Tuesday it is IMPOSSIBLE to stream properly or even watch Fetch TV at times. The bandwidth was so poor at one stage that Netflix wouldn't even load !!! This is worse than a 3rd World Service. Why are we going BACKWARDS !!!!

Pete

Hey HothamShot, this doesn''t sound right :/ I'm assuming you've reported this to Faults and if so, what had they advised and were you provided with a fault reference number?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
8 Kudos
8 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos