Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Internet connection for solar

SusieM

I am trying to find a device which will connect to our new solar.  We have good Optus wifi outside.  the device needs to have a LAN port as well as wifi.

Re: Internet connection for solar

Yeldarb

I don't understand your question entirely. You are running solar and you want to run an Internet connected device from it? Is this like a mobile solar panel on the roof of a car or a home solar system?

Re: Internet connection for solar

SillyGogo

Depending on the model of your solar inverter. Some has building Bluetooth connectivity. You can download APPS like Oxley Solor on Android/IOS to monitor the performance of your solar system. 

Here is the connection details for the SMA inverter 

http://en.sma-sunny.com/en/service-tip-how-to-connect-a-sunny-boy-inverter-with-built-in-wifi-to-a-l...

Most have a similar setup, you just need the wifi signal to reach your inverter outside or get a electrician to hard wire a LAN cable to your router. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
13 Kudos
8 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos