Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Lorenzob1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Internet Dropping Out

Hi,

I am with Optus, I have one of their ADSL2 packages, I have the sagecom modem. Lately, the internet has been dropping out every 24 hours. I spoke to one of the Optus tech people and they made me use the 192.168.0.1 to login and fix a few things. They told me to delete the john_citizen username and insert my own Optus details. Once I did this it started to work, however it has kept dropping out again and every time I have to enter my details to fix it!

How do I solve this without having to login and keep changing the details to my own?

Thanks
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Internet Dropping Out

When you change the authentication to your own details is there an option to save the details and reboot the modem?

0 Kudos
Lorenzob1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, no it only gives me the option to click apply after I fill out the information.
0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What model is this modem and if you check the details by logging into the modem again has it reverted back to the john_citizen username?

0 Kudos
Lorenzob1
New Contributor
New Contributor

The model is the Sagecom 5366, yes whenever the internet drops again it have reverted back to john_citizen.
0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think one of 2 things is happening. Either the modem is faulty or when you change the username and password there is a second step that we are missing to save the changes. I understand that you can click apply however there may be a second page where you have to save and reboot the modem to make the changes permanent.

Unfortunately Optus supplies very little information with their equipment so finding a screen shot to help you with this problem is proving difficult. There is also the possibility that I might be leading you up the garden path as this second page may not exist. Have a look around the administration section of your modem and see if you can find an option to save the changes and reboot.

If all else fails I would be contacting support again and telling them your modem is not retaining your authentication details.

0 Kudos