Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
BenjSpirit
New Contributor
New Contributor

Huawei E5573 Wifi modem both lights keeps flashing

Hi, After resetting my Huawei E5573 Wifi modem both lights keeps flashing. I have tried resetting numerous times and also connecting to computer via USB minus battery but lights keep flashing. I mainly just want to know if it's broken or I need to by a new one. It would be greatly appreciated if some one had an answer. Thanks.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Aron_YC

Re: Huawei E5573 Wifi modem both lights keeps flashing

Hey BenjSpirit

Best to speak to our Technical Support team about this one, they'll be able to run through some troubleshooting with you and hopefully discover the cause of the fault. They're available via the My Optus app or by calling 13 13 44.

If you have issues getting in touch with them then please feel free to shoot the social media team a message via Facebook or Twitter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I don't have a E5573, but I have a E3372 & E5577.

Some things to try based on the my use of the two is:

a) Pull the SIM out and use a pencil rubber clean the contacts and put it back in.  I had issues with a SIM in one of them when testing and it started to flash the LED.

b) Connect to the PC and use one of the Hauwei apps (see https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Is-it-possible-to-Telnet-into-either-the-B525-or-B818-that-O... for examples ) to see if you can find any problems.

c) Try another Optus SIM in it. You could borrow one or buy a cheap one from Wollies or Coles or IGA for testing.

If all else fails then call support and good luck as you will need it. In my dealings support have no idea how to support the modems they sell, unless it's on the standard 101 support script.

0 Kudos
AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Sorry, before calling support check out https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/ and see if anyone else has had the same problem.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors