Searching...

Mobile

Huawei B525 Modem

Hammar

Hi

I just want to set an internal LAN IP address on my Huawei B525 Modem and cant seem to find the option. I've a considerable ammout of time searching for manuals but can only find quick start guides. I simply want to plug this into a switch and and set it up as a default gateway. Any help or direction to a proper manual would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Huawei B525 Modem

Davelew

Hi

I don't think you can.

With my old B315 I attached an old Netgear N600 as I wanted to change the DNS addresses and add some static routes so this could be a way forward for you.

IMG_20190112_134712 (2).jpg

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Hammar

Thanks Dave, I'll look into that option.

Cheers

_Hamish_

Hi Hammer,

On my B525s-65a router I have an IP Address setting under the DHCP options, which I assume will set the LAN IP.

I haven't tried to changing mine.

It's restricted to a 192.168 address i.e. 192.168.X.X.

I haven't explored further but - assuming this sets the LAN IP Address - then it may be possible to override the 192.168 by calling the underling router API directly. I've started some work on calling the API's here:

https://adventuresinadigitalland.blogspot.com/2019/01/huawei-b525-python-api.html

Good Luck,

Hamish

Highlighted

_Hamish_

A quick update, I confirmed changing the DHCP ip address changes the LAN ip address.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
13 Kudos
7 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos