Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

How to disable privacy separator on Optus modem

How do I disable the privacy separator on Optus Sagemcom so my printer can receive data
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to disable privacy separator on Optus modem

I'm not aware of any Optus Sagemcom routers having privacy separation (i.e. guest mode or AP isolation). Is the printer connected to Sagemcom directly or is it connected to some other wireless access point or other device?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes printer to router. Wifi. But while the printer is connected it’s not receiving data all of a sudden (worked last week)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

With wifi, one thing I can suggest is ensuring that the printer is connecting via 2.4GHz and not 5GHz because some printers have network discovery software which only works on 2.4GHz.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks - how so? Sorry I’m a bit clueless.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Juliekkerr wrote:
Thanks - how so? Sorry I’m a bit clueless.

Optus routers generally add "_5GHz" or something similar to the end of their SSID's (i.e. wifi network names) to identify the 5GHz connection. So on the printer just choose the network connection that doesn't contain "_5GHz" (or similar).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ah yes I see. We have done so and still not working
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

So much for the easy fix 😅.

Which device are you trying to print from, and how is it connected to the Optus router?

The fact they you said that it worked last week makes it a little harder to troubleshoot, especially if you're "a bit clueless". Usually privacy separation means that something is on different segment of the network. The Optus router should have an IP address of 192.168.0.1, so the printer and device you are trying to print on should both have IP addresses in the range 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.254. Can you check the network connection setting of both the printer and the device you are trying to print from and tell me what their IP addresses are.

0 Kudos