Searching...

Mobile

How do I access my Optus Sport account while overseas?

Lesroo

I'm in NZ with virtually no EPL coverage and want to use my Optus Sport account but keep getting a message that it cannot be accessed while using a VPN or overseas???? WTF! I'm paying for this service - why can't I get it?

Re: How do I access my Optus Sport account while overseas?

petergdownload

The service is only usable within Australia. This is standard practice for content (You may have heard Netflix closed down access to US content for overseas customers for example). There are two main reasons for this (One technical the other legal):

1) Streaming data to overseas can be extremely costly. Its also deficult to ensure a constant stream of data for smooth high quality viewing.

2) Copyright (Optus may have the rights to play EPL in Oz but there's likely another company that has secured to rights it in NZ)

You could still try organise a VPN connection in NZ. Its likely Optus wouldn't be able to tell if you did but no guarantee. It would also have to apply to viewing in a browser. Using the an app probably can't hide your location.

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted

Paddylee

Because Optus only has the license to broadcast with Australia. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Dan_C

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Optus-Sport-Discussion/Watching-Optus-Sport-when-you-re-overseas/m-...

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
11 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos