cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How can we, as a community, stand up to Optus.

My question is this, how can we as the Optus Community stand up to Optus as a whole and actually get them to admit that their 4g network doesn't work and to fix it so it does work? I'm so tired of receiving 4g internet speeds of 2mbps. I'm tired of it dropping out completely. I'm tired of Optus ruining my tv viewing experience. Optus know their 4g product is severely broken and that they don't have any employees intelligent enough to fix the constant problems they have, and I mean CONSTANT! It's time we as a community stood up to Optus and said enough is enough. The TIO won't do anything. The ACCC won't do anything. They are both gutless, powerless organisations who let the Telcos run all over them. Each time I complain to Optus they promise me that I'll never have that issue again. Yet the next day the speeds are back to 2mbps. Optus should not be able to sell a broken product, even more so, a broken product that they have hugely over sold to the point where there is so much congestion the network is gridlocked. The Government needs to step up and force Optus to provide a network that works and to stop Optus from profiteering of customers whilst they know they can't provide the experience customers expect and pay for.
Your time is up Optus.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: How can we, as a community, stand up to Optus.

Well they can't say you didn't warn them 🐵

FWIW there's a lot of regulation in the Telco field already. For better or worse the expectation is that there is enough competition and that competition should keep Optus honest.

But I agree that for years now Optus have cannibalised their good will. Leveraged their networks to the point of common congestion. Run down their support staff and not invested in the backend infrastructure an organisation of its size needs. Coupled with that they have (and continue) to create unnecessary pitfalls for customers to 'accidentally' trip over, resulting in charges, fees and fines they can't avoid and don't want. Until recently they could at least claim to being cheaper but good, but recent price hikes put them within par of Telstra for pricing.

To answer your question though, you stand up, turn around and walk away. Optus don't have to offer you a quality product but neither do you need to pay for an inferior one.
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: How can we, as a community, stand up to Optus.

Do exactly what Petergdownload below has suggested. At the end of whatever your current agreement with them is you walk away - like I will be doing.

Vote with your feet essentially.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors