Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
AnthonyGlenelg
New Contributor
New Contributor

Home wireless 4G super slow!

My 4G home wireless internet is really slow for the past few weeks. I’m located at Glenelg North and when I checked for network outages, currently there’s one being done until 2nd of May. But there was a similar one few weeks ago and when I received notification it was all fixed, my internet was still quite slow and keeps dropping. Even watching netflix it would load every 3 mins! I can’t even open a website when browsing it’s very frustrating and disappointing as it was working fine when we started using it January until mid March. Now speedtest shows usually less than 1 mbps and if it does go up, it usually drops again. Not sure if it’s due to the recent maintenance or network outage but it has been like this for few weeks now. I tried restarting the Huwawei modem, tried different locations around the house but still nothing improved. I’m really getting tired of this internet dropping and would look for alternative provider most likely as I work from home and it affects my daily usuage.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jono_YC

Re: Home wireless 4G super slow!

Hi @AnthonyGlenelg it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Home Wireless Broadband service.

We recommend keeping across our Network Status page, which provides up-to-date faults and works that may be impacting your service. You can also register for updates by clicking on the respective mobile tower, and then selecting “Log a fault”.

We also have a range of troubleshooting steps that may help with mobile faults.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Jono_YCcheck your links as "We couldn’t find a perfect result for your question." for one of them.