Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

HSPA WIFI MODEM

Hi, everyone I recently purchased a USB powered 3G wifi modem and I have 100GB data on my OPTUS regular mobile plan but still, my modem says no internet connection whenever I install my sim card in it whereas it works fine with Vodafone sim.

please suggest some possible solution as I need this for backing my iPhone to icloud which is not allowing me on sim data thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: HSPA WIFI MODEM

Hi @ ELAHI - That's definitely not good to hear and we're really sorry it didn't work out the way it should. Although both mobile broadband and mobile SIM both  use mobile network, the mobile SIM can't be used wit a mobile broadband

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: HSPA WIFI MODEM

@Aman_B you may want to rethink that statement.

A Optus mobile phone plan sim can be used in a mobile broadband device on all but a select few plans such as the old 2/3$ 3g only plans which had a stipulation it must be in a phone and not a mobile broadband device.

The only change thats needed would be for you to change the APN in your devices settings. 

It wohld default to the mobile broadband one and not one thats used on mobile phone plans.

The following is the correct apn you would need to use. 

• Name: Optus Yes Internet
  • APN: yesinternet

Devices normally have a setup pricess that runs where you can specify the APN. Have a look at the documentation with the device. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos