Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
manny777
New Contributor
New Contributor

Extremely Poor Internet Connection

I heavily use the internet and I can say right now that the internet drops out every 2 minutes for 60 seconds minumum. Videos buffer, impossible to play any online game and just completely frustrating. $60 a month for this horrible internet connection that has been like this for about 2 years. A modem has been replaced recently and it did not achieve anything whatsoever.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Extremely Poor Internet Connection

Hey there,

Definitely sounds extremely frustrating. What type of internet connection is it? If it's fixed and if you haven't already we suggest 
trying the Optus@Home app to perform a service check, see tips and chat with us directly from the app with the agent who will be able to view the results as well as the current home network configuration to try and resolve the issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Opt4usVictim
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Extremely Poor Internet Connection

I know the feeling.  I’ve had Optus internet that drops out and isn’t available at all for six weeks.  I regret going with Optus because I’m billed for a service they can’t seem to provide.  It’s pathetic.  Currently, I’m on hold now for tech support for 30 minutes and have been transferred twice.  I’ve never encountered such poor customer service on top of paying for internet that doesn’t work.  Next action I take will be to contact the ombudsman.  

0 Kudos