Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Extra Data Sim for Shared Data

Acki

Can you still get a Shared Data Sim without Plan?

Not that long ago you could get one for $5.00 with no plan or catches.

Currently have over 200 GB of Shared Data, But I can't seem to Get an Extra Sim without getting another plan which I dont need.

Re: Extra Data Sim for Shared Data

Paddylee

Hello,

These are no longer available (unless you have an old contract thats still active)

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Solution

Shauna

Hey @Acki - Shared Data Sims are no longer available on there own. That being said. if you have a postpaid service, we may be able to arrange one to be sent out to you Smiley Happy 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Acki

That would be very helpful. I have 2 post paid services, I just need one more extra sim for our home modem.

Dan_C

Hey @Acki, are you able to send us a PM with your account details? We need your full name, DOB and account number. I do need to clear up something first. If you have an existing data share service then yes we can give you a replacement SIM card. If you have an existing post-paid mobile service and you do not have a $0.00 data sharing card SIM - then we're unable to provide this to you free of charge.

At the least you'd need to sign on to our entry level mobile broadband plan → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/mobile-broadband/data-sim-card?SID=con:tab:3up:2:jun17:mbb:12.... That's $15.00 for 3GB of data which is shareable amongst post-paid services on the account.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

mendoza28

Kind of seems funny though that if you already have plenty of data in your data pool that you are already paying for, and just want a data sim (like to use it in an old otherwise worthless Android tablet) , you used to be able to do that for a one off fee of $5, which seems reasonable. Now though, you have no choice but to pay $15 per month for that ability. Doesnt really seem fair... 

Furthermore, would you have to pay that $15 per month for each device you want a data sim for, presuming you have multiple devices you want to use? 

DiscoJudd

HI  @Dan_C 

I am in a similar boat, on Plan ID: 800815/20069549 and would like to add a sim to my tablet to share my data. 

Can you tell me if i am able to add a second SIMto share my data?

Thanks For your time

Shelby

Paddylee

You wouuld need either another mobile plan or a mobile broadband sim both post paid on the same account.

Their is no longer either $0/$5 data share sims - but at least Optus lets you share data between services unlike a few other Telcos.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
14 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos
4 Kudos